The North American Spine Society issued the first coverage recommendations for electrical bone growth stimulators.
Here are five highlights:
1. The coverage recommendations support using pulsed electromagnetic field stimulation devices for spinal fusion surgery.
2. These recommendations support using the devices for both cervical and lumbar spinal regions.
3. Orthofix represents the only company offering an FDA-approved osteogenesis stimulator.
4. Orthofix's CervicalStim and SpinalStim devices utilize a low-level pulsed electromagnetic field, which assists in activating and augmenting the body's natural healing process.
5. Orthofix's devices are intended as a noninvasive, adjunctive option for cervical fusion.
Published at Beckersspin