The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office issued Bordeaux, France-based Implanet a patent for its JAZZ technology platform.
Here are five key notes:
- The company owns intellectual property rights of the JAZZ platform through 2032.
- The patent encompasses the braided implant and its tensioning system.
- Implant holds intellectual property architecture for JAZZ in the Untied States, Europe, Japan, Australia and South Africa.
- Implanet joins Zimmer Biomet's spine division as the only companies to hold patents for spinal fixation technical solutions enabling lockage of the braid's tension and the implant's position on the rod with a single screw.
- With this granted patent, Implanet believes it's positioned for strong growth in the Untied States market.