The largest player in the orthopedic market is still DePuy Synthes, but Zimmer Biomet and Stryker are gaining ground, according to The Orthopaedic Industry Annual Report from OrthoWorld.
Here is the market share for orthopedic companies:
1. DePuy Synthes: 20 percent
2. Zimmer Biomet: 15 percent
3. Stryker: 13 percent
4. Smith & Nephew: 7 percent
5. Medtronic: 6 percent
6. 10 companies with revenue between $300MM and $1.7BB: 15 percent
7. 21 companies with revenue between $100MM & $299MM: 8 percent
8. Companies with revenue below $99M: 16 percent
According to the report, the top five companies capture 61 percent of the market share and these companies derive between 30 percent and 50 percent of their sales from international markets.
Published at Beckersspine.com